Friday, November 12, 2010

he loves me/he loves me not

'Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.'
( 1 Corinthians 13:4-7)
God tells us what LOVE is, what it means and how we should use it. When you truly love someone, you no longer put yourself first. You take all your strength and bestow it upon them so that they feel the warmth and power of your love.
I have been told that you should give 100% to the one you love even if it's not reciprocated. To a point, I agree. However, if you withdraw and incessantly take from an account you never put anything into, eventually that account will become dry, depleted, empty.
Is it still love when it is not patient, when it is not kind. When it is rude, self seeking and easily angered? When there is an endless list of wrong doing? Is it still considered a kept record if the wrongs are repeated continuously? Does love conquer when there no longer is any truth, protection or trust? Does love still persevere?Plagued with the questions, full of uncertainties, as I watch the petals fall... does he actually love me or does he not love me at all?

No comments:

Post a Comment